Tuesday 23 April 2013

Worldwide Shipping

Those of you who know me well, will be aware of my love/hate relationship with a certain Australian postal system. And when I say love/hate, I mean mostly hate. Pretty much all hate. Like 99%, hate.

Nail polish is a funny old thing, a funny old flammable thing - and therein lies the problem. It is classified as dangerous goods, so shipping it by air is a bit like Mission Impossible and I am not a bit like Tom Cruise. The Australian postal system flat out refuses to carry nail polish out of Australia as airmail, which is why Miss Ashleigh currently does not offer international shipping and why all domestic orders placed need to travel via road mail.

It is a very disheartening thing, having something you are so proud of yet can't share. Especially when you know that there is international interest out there. I have had many questions from you - on both our business Instagram @missashleigh, as well as my nail art account @letsgogetnailed - about international shipping and I am very happy to announce that in a few months time, worldwide shipping will be added to our website! It feels good to finally have answers.

I have been in talks this week with a private courier and things are finally beginning to fall into place. It is going to take time to get it all in working order, but when we do I think you will all be more than happy with the international rates we will be able to offer - it is particularly beneficial for bulk orders. It also opens up the possibility of shipping in bulk to international stockists, which will be the next step once worldwide shipping is finalised.

I will continue to update the blog with shipping info as it comes in, so watch this space!

Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight? 

The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!




2 comments:

  1. Do you have any advice for people who are currently trying to ship from Australia and are given a hard time about it at the post office?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, it is legal to send polish within Australia using Australia Post via road mail only. I had a few issues with some offices around this, in the end I just contacted the customer care line for Australia Post and got it in writing - I carry it in my wallet any time I go to the Post Office.

    Internationally however is a no go with Australia Post. You will need a private courier - think DHL, Toll etc - who will be happy to move dangerous goods as long as you are certified in handling and shipping dangerous goods.

    ReplyDelete